Thursday, June 9, 2016

Google Docs…………for me??
Google docs is similar to Microsoft Word in a variety of ways. It allows for text to be written into a document. This document can use different fonts, structure, and organization. Google Docs are saved on to Google servers, and assessable to anyone anywhere. Documents can be edited and produced by multiple people at the same time. Since it works online then Google Docs can be assessed in any location with internet, but I noticed that some people commented about security. My specific Google Docs program seemed a little slower then Microsoft, less editing options, and there was no option to keep documents not online. However, I assume that with time I would become accustomed with finding and using more of the program’s editing options over time.
Google Docs relates to TN Common Core and directly transfers to how standards can be accomplished. Common Core has several standards that address editing, revising, publication, collaboration, and research. Each one of these standards can be accomplished through the use of Google Docs. Google Docs also allows students to practice these ideas in the classroom or at home.

I truly love that documents can be shared and edited by multiple people. The ability to edit and write on the document in real time allows for a much more fluid and easy dialogue on document development. I like that it logs changes and states who made what changes. I also like that this eliminates the need to meet up during stressful development times. Using Google Docs allows for documents to be made at any place, at any time, and in the way best for each person involved. Overall, Google Docs seems to have dynamic abilities unavailable on Microsoft or similar programs. I am sure that with more time and familiarity that Google Docs can have even more potential for my future teaching.

1 comment: