Thursday, June 23, 2016

Using Google Sites as a Teacher

The Link to the website I created is:

I have never created a website or been apart of the design process. I was excited to see how to create a website, because I plan on participating heavily on mission website in the mission field (or maybe a blog). I found using Google Sites to be very easy to learn and use. I struggled at first to figure things out at first, but once I figured out that the program works by editing each individual page it was a lot easier. Plus, I used the “Help” tab whenever I had a problem.

Adding subheadings and text was very easy. I was able to change fonts and sizes very easily. The process of inputting information was very easy. I thought that the tabs for layouts were easy to understand, and fitted my needs well. I liked how adding links, pictures, and other things were very easy to find and create. The part I had the most fun with was adding costume features to my website. I first began by just adding things like horizontal lines. Next I began to add footers and side-bar options to my website. Then I moved on to adding different colors and themes to my page. Each time I changed a color or added a special feature my website felt more official. I liked how in just a few short hours I was able to transfer information into a website that looks….sort of official….or at least not bad. To push my website overall the top, I also found a way to download a teacher apple as a favicon. So know a apple shows on website address bar. Overall, I found the process of creating a website on Google Sites to be very easy, and I look forward to finding more of the special features I have yet to know.

1 comment: